No need to panic; we all have had to fine tune this process, and have even stunk at it in the past. How can we make sure we learn the lessons and begin attracting, recruiting and retaining those A+ Players?
1. Define what an A-B-C player looks like within your organization and communicate throughout the ENTIRE organization. State what having the right players on your team means to the success of your organization, and what the wrong players mean to your detriment. Think in terms of $$$ and overall morale. Make it a part of your dialogue, both internally and externally. It must become a part of your culture, who you are and march your vision.
Determine who is responsible for the process. How it will be implemented and communicated throughout the ENTIRE organization. Also, develop a training protocol for success. Define expected outcomes, and make sure they match your mission.
Discuss expectations with everyone on the team and what attributes or skills are critical to measur
Fortunately, trusting an executive search firm with the recruitment can help you avoid costly mistakes in the future. If you have not worked with such a company in the past, here are seven compelling reasons why you should start today:
Additional knowledge and resources: Recruiters often maintain large networks of people they are working to place in high-level jobs. This is a source you would not necessarily have access to when going about the hiring process in the usual manner. They are also adept at cold calling and getting passive candidates more interested in the position your company has to offer.
Confidentiality: This is particularly important when your company is recruiting specific candidates from another organization. Not only could you face legal troubles for approaching the employee of a competitor, it could damage your company’s reputation as well. Executive search firms also bring objectivity to the table. Your contact can tell you what a competitive industry s
We spoke to recruiting experts, and these are the types of jobs and industries that are still seeking qualified applicants during a pandemic.
By Stephanie Vozza
If you’re looking for a gig to help pay the bills, grocery stores and delivery companies need help—and fast. But if you’re looking for something permanent or want to take the next step in your career, you may be able to find a professional role, too, says Michelle Armer, chief people officer at the job site CareerBuilder.
“There is definitely still a demand for professional and management workers across many different industries,” she says.
The catch is that you’ve got to act fast. As unemployment rates continue rise, more job seekers are scouring the market. We spoke to recruiting experts, and these are the types of jobs and industries that are still seeking qualified applicants during the pandemic:
Don’t just learn, experience.
Don’t just read, absorb.
Don’t just change, transform.
Don’t just relate, advocate.
Don’t just promise, prove.
Don’t just criticize, encourage.
Don’t just think, ponder.
Don’t just take, give.
Don’t just see, feel.
Don’t just dream, do.
Don’t just hear, listen.
Don’t just talk, act.
Don’t just tell, show.
Don’t just exist, live.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
This is not a time to sit still and wait until ‘everything is normal again.’ This is a time to use your isolation to intently think long and deep about who you are as a professional, what your company REALLY does, and what the world should know about your brand – either professional or corporate. Get clear, and get ready to make sure your voice, your talents, your value and your message are heard, not silenced ….revealed, not suppressed…made visible, not extinguished…during and long after this temporary cloistering.
Without self promotion, something terrible happens – nothing. Being the best kept secret in the world is nothing to be proud of, unless you are in special ops or other covert line of work….If your breakout strategy depends on waiting to be discovered and rewarded based on merit alone, bring a lunch and several good reads – you will be waiting a long while. You have just this one life to live, and without mastering the fine art of self promotion, it is
1. Begin by creating a flow chart of your daily activity, and then aim each act toward simpler work with greater results.
2. Look for simple solutions, simple pleasures and simple ways to accomplish maximum results with minimal effort.
3. Stop multitasking. Study after study has proven it never works…for anyone, even those that claim they are great at it.
4. Examine your work for the Rube Golbergs that are sapping your energy.
5. Then, ask yourself things like:
a. How can I simplify my sales effort?
b. How can I help simplify marketing?
c. How can I maximize follow up efforts?
d. How can I simplify our returns process?
e. How can I simplify the In-service of clients?
f. How can I simplify the buyers’ journey?
g. How can I simplify our billing efforts?
h. How can I simplify gaining referrals?
6. Then, do the same thing in your personal life.
7. Focus on simplicity in everything, every day.
For most, it is important to spend time around and engaged with other people. In social groups and at work, by surrounding ourselves with colleagues, family members and associates who challenge us to think and move outside our comfort zone, we find we can improve our habits and learn new things. Of course, much of life’s biggest joys and most lasting memories stem from our relationships, and in times like these, those can become absent, strained or even strange.
And some say too much “people time” might also be a bad thing. Our digital devices often make us feel like we need to be connected 24/7. All of the noise, activity, constant contact and hustle can wear us out and, ironically, can leave some feeling lonelier than ever. If our electronics are all we have right now to get our work done and stay in touch, truly disconnecting during this isolation may become even more important.
While we may not all be enjoying the global forced cloistering we find ourselves in today, let us
1. Unconquerable – you will not allow yourself to be beaten, vanquished or overcome. You will pursue every goal with the belief and unquenchable conviction they will be achieved, no matter the obstacles. You will have victory.
2. Invulnerable – remain immune to mental attack. Train your mind to be mentally impregnable. Self doubt and negativity are non-existent in someone who has an indomitable spirit.
3. Self-confident – you have a healthy belief in your abilities. You respect yourself and others. You have a rock-solid personal constitution. You project a calm, focused, no-nonsense attitude when it comes to setting goals and getting results.
4. Initiative – you are always proactive. You have the motivation and energy to endure. You make sacrifices. You know what must be done, and you take the appropriate action to ensure success without compromise.
5. Focus – you must center yourself and design where you spend your efforts. Master negativ
The greatest key to make massive performance gains in disruptive times like these is to look for trouble then confront it, to overcome obstacles, to navigate new mental terrain, accommodating and adapting to change, and then eliminating or at least limiting any behavior that stands between you and goal achievement.
Things like COVID represent a serious anti-success issue and yet give us time to improve areas of underperformance that warrant ruthless examination. Let’s get busy embracing this idea that what stands in the way, becomes the way.
Obstacles come to instruct, not destruct. All great success in your life will come by facing vexing problems and overcoming them with a potent cocktail of creativity, focus, and courage. Challenges are the common threads woven through all great lives. They are present to teach us to get where we must go by carving a new path. As Benjamin Franklin wrote, “Things which hurt, instruct.” Consider what you could do differently, right now, t
Furnace Service Spruce Grove
Living in Spruce Grove in the winter months, your home heating system is the largest energy expense.
Did you know that on average, a furnace accounts for about 45 percent of the average Edmonton family’s energy bills?
A great way to ensure your furnace is both running properly and operating as efficiently as possible is to schedule regular maintenance and periodic checkups.
In Spruce Grove AB, most wait until a furnace problem exists. Yet in most cases, a problem arises after damage has already begun. To catch a problem early ensures that your equipment remains fully functional and operational, no matter if it sits for weeks without use, or is used 24 hours per day.
Alternatively, if you prefer to speak to a representative, give us a call at 780.733.1256